Welcome to our powerful search tool. You can specify as little or as much as you like to find what you are looking for.
- Colour - Black & White, or both, and Format - Download, Slide, Print or any combination
- Reference - if you know the reference number of the view that you want, just type it in.
- Chassis and Body types – abbreviations as used by the PSV Circle. For Trams, enter ‘Tram’ in the Chassis field.
- Registration - as carried. Type without spaces, not case sensitive.
- Date - this can be just the year e.g. 1968, month and year e.g. Sep-68 or the exact date e.g. 14/09/1968. Please note - many views are undated. By selecting a date or even a year, you may exclude a large number of images.
- Company (free text) - We have found great difficulty in designating exact company names, partly because they have changed so frequently in recent years and also because as a number of views are undated, the owner’s correct title could not be established. E.g. for Bristol you might need to try Bristol Omnibus, City Line, First Bristol etc.
- Fleet No (free text) - as allocated to the vehicle at the time the picture was taken, free text field. Please note - you must select a Company in order to search by fleet number.
- Location (free text) - Usually a town or city but for e.g. London, district names may be used.
- Description (free text) - This field contains any other information about the picture. E.g. unusual liveries. In some cases more than one vehicle appears in a view. To find these shots enter ‘plus’ in this field.